Saturday, August 30, 2008

My Round Two Cookies and a Little Perspective













Chocolate, White Chocolate, Walnut Cookies for Operation Baking GALS! So, there's nothing that will make you stop feeling sorry for yourself because you are sending your child an hour and a half away to college like making cookies for the child of someone you don't know, (and will probably never get a chance to meet). I baked a batch of cookies and sent them off to Iraq and thought about the families of the guys who will be getting the cookies! Of course I'm going to worry about my kid, because I love him and as he says, "I'm still going to worry". He's a smart kid! I probably don't have to worry about quite the same stuff that they do, ya think? When I shook my head, I kicked myself in the tail (HARD) and mailed the cookies! I hope they like them and I hope they are as safe as they can be.


Chocolate, White Chocolate, Walnut Cookies

2 1/4 cups a.p. flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup dutch processed cocoa
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 large eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
2 cups white chocolate chips
1 cup walnuts

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix together flour, salt, baking soda and cocoa powder and set aside. In a stand mixer, or with a hand mixer beat sugar into butter until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time until mixed in. Add vanilla.

Stir in flour mixture and nuts and chips until all are just incorporated.

Drop dough by large tablespoonfuls onto parchment or greased cookie sheets. Press slightly on the tops of mounds to flatten a bit. Bake cookies for 10 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. They look yummy Anna! I cannot wait to try them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tami - Thank you! I hope you like them!

    ReplyDelete